When marketing a brand through mobile, there are two challenges that must be taken into consideration. First, the ability to gain the consumer’s attention on their own personal device, and second, ensuring they continue to engage and interact with your brand. A growing trend in solving these problems is the development of branded mobile games.
Games have some of the highest customer retention rates, therefore they have become a logical and increasingly popular solution for brand marketers . It is important however, to do it properly and exploit the gaming industry’s unique marketing opportunities.
- Rewarding vs. Solicitating- You are able to insert your sales tactics as a reward (5% off for passing level 10) instead of simply giving it to your consumer. This has numerous benefits on the consumer’s mindset, and encourages continued interaction with your application.
- Social Interaction Opportunities- Top scorers, challenge winners etc. can be tweeted at or featured on pages as extra content. This opens up avenues of advertising from your social network to theirs, creating clout.
- Viral Advertising Opportunities- If your game is structured to promote sharing with friends (through competition, rewards etc.), every single download of your game can create multiple active users.
- Extra Revenue Stream- If you choose to charge for your game, you open up an additional revenue stream for your company. This is a strategic decision based on your market strategy for the game, but is definitely a benefit to not overlook.
- Proven Success: Large companies like Audi and Red Bull have created their own branded games that have driven a massive amount of traffic to their websites. Audi in particular sees more traffic driven to their site through this game than any of their other marketing efforts.
Are interested in creating a mobile game? FloatPoint can help strategically develop, implement and market your branded mobile game.