Attention consumers!!! Take a look at these videos and you can be the judge of who you would like to support. The production value really demonstrates how competitive the mobile environment has become! Competing for the mobile consumer market is a major objective for many tech companies.
The Blackberry 10 Pre-Superbowl Commercial
Ravens vs. 49ers in a amazing matchup that has the Harbaugh brothers coaching against each other in the Superbowl. Can you imagine if the game is tied 17-17 going into the fourth and Blackberry 10 plays an amazing BB10 spot. It is not cheap, but it could launch the brand and obtain the highly sought after consumer market!!!!!!Read More
The Potential of Blackberry 10
The smartphone market is growing exponentially year over year, which creates an opportunity for Blackberry to obtain crucial market share. Currently, the consumer market is dominated by iOS and Android, but Blackberry has established strong developers relations and has created a solid foundation with their Blackberry 10 operating system. Anecdotally, Blackberry has an opportunity to capture the third market position worldwide, which could lead to significant increases in revenue for the Waterloo based company.
Name Change from Research in Motion to Blackberry
The New Blackberry 10 Keyboard
Personally, I have used the new Blackberry 10 Keyboard and it works very well. The time I spent using the keyboard functions, the user experience was slick and enjoyable. It actually feels like a physical keyboard and is probably the most responsive keyboard I have ever used. Once Senior IT decision makers and management have the opportunity to access the keyboard, I can see them arming their enterprise team with BB10 devices. Take a look at the video below!
Blackberry Global Reach
There is no denying that people in developing nations love their Blackberry’s. As they mature and move towards powerful smartphone devices, Blackberry brand loyalty could propel worldwide market share by capturing majority in countries like Indonesia, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia and other growth markets.
Research in Motion has been quite a hot topic in the press. They have lost significant market share within the smartphone sector, but they have managed to make a comeback with Blackberry 10. At an event in New York today, Thorstein Heins announced the launch of the new operating, which marks the comeback of Blackberry against competitors like Android, iOS and Windows 8.
Heins announced that Research in Motion will be changing their name to Blackberry and be traded as BB on the TSX and BBRY on the NASDAQ. This is a big move for Blackberry, who announced Alicia Keys as the Global Creative Director for the Blackberry brand. Alicia Keys said “As global creative director, my goal is to inspire creativity with this platform, and I’m so excited to jump right in.”(source: CBC).
Blackberry has done an excellent job marketing their new operating system. Alicia Keys is set to sing the national anthem at the Superbowl this weekend, which will create strong brand recognition alongside the Superbowl ads for BB10. Anecdotal observations, have been that Blackberry is looking to increase adoption within the next quarter and hopefully obtain a strong third market position amongst smartphone manufacturers.Read More
Research in Motion has specifically designed their Blackberry Enterprise Server to meet the needs and objectives of enterprise and government organizations, which house an email server and require a high level of information technology control.
Currently RIM is offering two unique security and device management technologies for robust businesses:
- Blackberry Enterprise Server Express offers a solution for businesses that have specific users who require advanced management. (FREE)
Notable Features Include:
- Wireless Synced Calendars
- View, edit, save calendar attachment
- Remote file access, stored remotely on network drives
- Contacts Sync, stays up to date with info on desktop or laptop ect.
- Blackberry Balance is design to differentiate between work and personal information while using Blackberry devices. Blackberry Balance can be applied an employee own device or one that has been provided to them. Personal browsing, social networking and media consumption is kept separate from sensitive work information.
Notable Features Include:
- Personal apps and browsing are kept separate from work files, therefore decreasing the risk of security breaches
- Enables employers to remotely wipe all information or just work information on Blackberry devices. Therefore if an employee is using a personally owned device, data can still be wiped exclusively for work purposes.
- If a user tries to download an application or access a file that may be harmful, the action is not permitted. These settings can be set by the Blackberry Balance system